Would you like to make some positive changes and have healthy weight for a healthy life? The good news is, by making some simple changes to our eating and physical activity we can lose weight, keep it off and boost our health for a lifetime.
A good place to begin is to reassess those old habits and set some realistic goals.
One way to start doing this is to keep a simple diary for a few weeks to track our eating and physical activity, as this can help with setting achievable goals and planning our positive changes to accomplish them.
Get off to a good start with these healthy weight loss tips
- Have regular healthy meals – including breakfast with the right balance of protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats. If you’re not sure of what you should be eating, our Healthy Life team can assist.
- Include a protein portion with every meal.
- Keep on the move, sit less and set goals to be more active every day. Remember that small steps gain big strides towards reaching your goals.
- Pre-plan your weekly menu and shop accordingly.
- Switch over to healthy cooking habits by choosing simple, tasty and healthy recipes that the whole family can share.
- Drinking water instead of sugary drinks provides many benefits to our health and wellbeing.
- Seek positive support from friends and others to help reach your long-term goals.