|Citrus and Pomegranate Salad with Chilli-Honey Dressing
For the chilli-honey dressing:
- 5 tsp white wine vinegar
4 tsp clear honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper
5 tbsp Healthy Life extra virgin olive oil
1 small red chilli, cut in half, seeds removed, finely chopped
For the salad:
- 4 small oranges, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 2 ruby grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 1 plain grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, segmented
- 1 small red onion, peeled, very finely sliced
- bunch fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only, to serve
1- For the chilli-honey dressing, mix together the vinegar and honey in a shallow serving bowl until well combined. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil, using a fork, then add the chilli and whisk again. Add more vinegar or oil, to taste.
2- For the salad, arrange the segmented fruit in a broad shallow bowl.
3- Sprinkle over the onion and mint, then pour over the chilli-honey dressing and mix well until it coats the salad.
4- Just before serving, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the salad.